Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Target Market Strategy


When it comes to creating a marketing strategy, “the marketing manager’s aim is to find, attract, keep, and grow target customers by creating, delivering, and communicating superior customer value” (Armstrong and Kotler 9). My target market is going to be male consumers, and I my strategy will be to use humor to sell Q-Tips to them. When faced with the task of selling a product to me, most companies will turn directly to sex appeal to sell the product for them. I plan to differentiate the Q-Tip brand through a unique and memorable commercial which uses humor geared towards men. By not using the motto “sex sells” in my advertisement, my ad will stand out and Q-Tips will be in an excellent position in the marketplace. “The company must also decide how it will serve targeted customershow it will differentiate and position itself in the marketplace” (Armstrong and Kotler 9).

No comments:

Post a Comment